Friday, December 14, 2007

Green Clean Laundry ...

Every time I ask someone to consider switching to a green cleaning product the first response is, “yes, but does it work?”

I was frustrated for years as well, wanting to use environmentally friendly cleaners but finding them sorely lacking in the power department. I finally found the dream combination, effective, totally green, and priced fairly. I like it so much I became an
Independent Shaklee Dealer
and happily put my name out there backing it.

Having used Shaklee’s HE laundry detergent for about nine months now, it still continues to impress. To make a long story short, I sometimes go lend a hand in the dairy barn milking cows. I never minded the smell of a dairy barn, but there is a time and place for everything and it is a strong pervasive odor. You can pretty much count anything worn into a dairy barn as not useable again in any public setting. I used to use one of the “best” store-brand laundry detergents out there, tried several of them, and only smelled like a cow flop in a bed of saccharine flowers .. And usually got a case of dry skin / eczema for my trouble.

Just for fun I tossed a whole winter load of post-dairy barn clothing in the wash; coat, hat, jeans, sweater, shirt, gloves, all of it - set the washer on cold (I always use just cold, no problems after nine months, even with whites) and used only the regular amount of laundry detergent, pre-spotting two small areas with it as well. Clean, no spots or stains that barn matter is so well know for. Zero odor. Period. Impressive.

Get clean, really clean, the first time.

No comments: